[cgma-dev] CGMA with Cubit not reading ACIS files

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Thu Aug 1 15:32:43 CDT 2013

Hi Rajeev,

> Good to know that --with-cubit option is working on OSX.
> What exactly did you do to get around  DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH problem for OSX?

I build the application (let's call it CGM2VTK) and place it inside a ".app" directory like so:

  mkdir -p CGM2VTK.app/Contents/MacOS
  mv CGM2VTK CGM2VTK.app/Contents/MacOS
  cd CGM2VTK.app/Contents/MacOS
  ln -s /Applications/Cubit-13.1/Cubit.app/Contents/MacOS/*dylib .
  ./CGM2VTK.app/Contents/MacOS/CGM2VTK file.sat file.vtp

The links to the cubit libraries have to be in the same location (relative to the ".app" directory) as in Cubit.app. Alternately you can run the program like so:

  DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Applications/Cubit-13.1/Cubit.app/Contents/MacOS  ./CGM2VTK file.sat file.vtp

I've hit related issues with the OCC backend: the libraries in my build of OpenCascade don't appear to have any paths embedded in them. I've used install_name_tool to modify binaries, but have found cases where install_name_tool complains that there isn't any space left. (Perhaps it's not getting build with "-headerpad_max_install_names"?)

	David