[cgma-dev] Make check errors...

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 27 16:31:19 CDT 2012

Yeah, this has to do with libtool picking up the dependencies correctly.  I've wrestled with that in the past (and in
the past few days, trying to figure out how to get ipopt into meshkit), but I definitely haven't mastered it.

Anyway, Paul, cgm.make is for applications built outside the cgm autotools setup, while make check is for things inside
that setup.

- tim

On 09/27/2012 11:13 AM, Iulian Grindeanu wrote:

>     Hello all,
>
>     LPATH didn't seem to work.  Stuart - have you had success with that?  A related question is: what do we expect
>     developers to do when writing their own apps?  Is it sufficient to just include cgm,make? Shouldn't we just be able
>     to do the same thing in our tests?
>
>     Paul
>
> I think that is the idea. But cgm.make is part of the install, in a way, while make check should be part of the build
> test, before you do the install.
>
> What I still don't understand in libtool, is that moab and meshkit "make check"s are fine in ubuntu 12, shared build,
> while cgm and lasso need the changes that I sent earlier.
>
> Somebody who knows more about autotools should be able to figure the right solution. (mine I consider a hack :( )
>
> Iulian

  phone (gvoice): (608) 354-1459      1500 Engineering Dr.
             fax: (608) 263-4499      Madison, WI 53706