[cgma-dev] OCC MacOS compile successful

Iulian Grindeanu iulian at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 24 11:42:43 CDT 2012

| | Hi, Rajeev:
| | It's good news that you are able to build OCC in Mac!
| | I saw this error before too in building CGM on OCC on Linux.
| | However,
| | it turned out to be a set up problem. Can you look at config.log,
| | and
| | check if it said that you are using the correctly OCC library? You
| | have to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include your new build directory.
| | Hope it helps.
| | Jane
| | On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Rajeev Jain < jain at mcs.anl.gov >
| | wrote:
| | | Thanks, James.
| | | I was able to build OCC. Did you get CGM to work?
| | | Configuring CGM I get this:
| | | checking if OpenCascade requires -lpthread... configure: error:
| | | Cannot
| | | link libTKKernel with Standard_Mutex
| | | Rajeev
Hello, It seems that for occ, you have to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to occ/lib installation. Otherwise, on cgm configure you get an error like this, reported by Rajeev on a mac too: ... checking Standard_Version.hxx presence... yes checking for Standard_Version.hxx... yes checking for create_mailbox in -lTKernel... yes checking if OpenCascade requires -lpthread... configure: error: Cannot link libTKKernel with Standard_Mutex This is required also for the new occ builds on mcs workstations. On my laptop, I still get that, though, with occ651. It is working with occ652 that I built later. I will stick to 652, anyway. Iulian