[cgma-dev] question about iges format (to Jane)

Iulian Grindeanu iulian at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 18 09:14:59 CST 2012

Hi Jane,
Dan Le found this problem with respect to igs reader:
Please see the attached files.
testgeom.cc is a version of CGM/itaps/testgeom.cc file, which also prints the coordinates of all the vertices from the model.
iges format is supported by OCC and Acis/cubit engines.
Still, the coordinates of the vertices are 1000 larger when occ is used.
So if you run this test
testgeom cduct.igs
in Cubit based cgm or
testgeom_occ cduct.igs
in OCC based cgm,
you get different results (1000 times bigger in occ case). It seems that in cubit case, we do a conversion to sat format, first.

ITAPS GEOMETRY INTERFACE TEST PROGRAM:

gLoad: Reading STEP/IGES file '/home/iulian/tmp/test_lorenzo/cduct.igs'...
Model conversion succeeded: /tmp/CBT.Hoo5yc.sat
Read 6 ACIS Entities from the input file

Constructed 6 Volumes: 1 to 6
Model contents:
vertices: 24
edges: 24
faces: 6
regions: 6
vertex index 0 : 0 0 0
vertex index 1 : 0 1 0
vertex index 2 : 10.5 15 0
vertex index 3 : 11.5 15 0

testgeom_occ cduct.igs
Geometry engine set to: OpenCascade 6.3

ITAPS GEOMETRY INTERFACE TEST PROGRAM:

gLoad: Total number of loaded entities : 78.

Constructed 6 Volumes: 1 to 6
Model contents:
vertices: 24
edges: 24
faces: 6
regions: 6
vertex index 0 : 0 0 0
vertex index 1 : 0 1000 0
vertex index 2 : 10500 15000 0
vertex index 3 : 11500 15000 0

Can you please tell me what we should do to get similar results ?

Thanks,
Iulian