[cgma-dev] Current CGM test failures (via Python)

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Fri May 13 15:42:56 CDT 2011

On 05/13/2011 03:21 PM, James Porter wrote:
> This is just a heads-up for people if they'd like to fix these things,
> but there are currently 4 test failures in PyTAPS' iGeom interface. One
> of them is a recently-fixed bug in CGM that I just haven't had the
> chance to fix the test for, but the other 3 are bugs in CGM. They are as
> follows (note that this is against Cubit 12):
>
> 1) iGeom_getEnt1stDrvt returns iBase_FAILURE
>    This is a relatively recent failure, since before the Cubit 12 branch
>    was merged, this worked (it may have regressed a bit earlier or later
>    than that, though). I'm not totally sure what the issue is here. It's
>    possible that it's a bug in Cubit.

Are you testing with Cubit?  If not, which engine are you testing with?

> 2) iGeom_getEnt2ndDrvt returns iBase_NOT_SUPPORTED
>    If possible, we should try to support this function. I'm not sure how
>    hard that would be, though.

ACIS (and presumably OpenCascade) can provide this data.  However, as it
isn't exposed in any CGM API, providing access to that information would
make our iGeom implementation incompatible with Cubit.  That is, we might be
able to fix this with a bunch of #define type stuff, but it will never work
when linking against Cubit.

As an alternate solution, it might be possible to calculate these values
given the first derivatives and the principal curvatures.

> 3) Sets contained in sets don't quite work
>    It seems that num_hops doesn't work right in the iGeom set functions
>    (just for set containment, not parent-child).

This seems like a simple bug.  Have you looked at it at all?

>    getEntSets only returns
>    immediate children. I could probably fix this one, but I'm not sure
>    if I should just fix it in the iGeom interface, or if it should be
>    fixed somewhere else.

It should be fixed in the iGeom interface.

- jason