[cgma-dev] Current CGM test failures (via Python)

James Porter jvporter at wisc.edu
Fri May 13 15:21:30 CDT 2011

This is just a heads-up for people if they'd like to fix these things,
but there are currently 4 test failures in PyTAPS' iGeom interface. One
of them is a recently-fixed bug in CGM that I just haven't had the
chance to fix the test for, but the other 3 are bugs in CGM. They are as
follows (note that this is against Cubit 12):

1) iGeom_getEnt1stDrvt returns iBase_FAILURE
   This is a relatively recent failure, since before the Cubit 12 branch
   was merged, this worked (it may have regressed a bit earlier or later
   than that, though). I'm not totally sure what the issue is here. It's
   possible that it's a bug in Cubit.

2) iGeom_getEnt2ndDrvt returns iBase_NOT_SUPPORTED
   If possible, we should try to support this function. I'm not sure how
   hard that would be, though.

3) Sets contained in sets don't quite work
   It seems that num_hops doesn't work right in the iGeom set functions
   (just for set containment, not parent-child). getEntSets only returns
   immediate children. I could probably fix this one, but I'm not sure
   if I should just fix it in the iGeom interface, or if it should be
   fixed somewhere else.

If anyone wants to fix these or help me fix them, let me know. It'd be
nice if I could get all the Python tests passing, if for no other reason
than that I wouldn't get emails every night when the tests fail.

- Jim