[cgma-dev] questions on num_models in iGeom_load_cub_geometry

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 6 16:17:22 CDT 2011

I think you're fine here.  While I haven't parsed exactly what kind of model that 7th one might be, it's probably fine
ignoring it.  The other model types include facet, acis, granite; catia models might be the 7th.

- tim

On 05/06/2011 12:49 PM, Jane Hu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking at a failure in reading cub file through iGeom interface.
> The error happened on line 6327 where it required num_models (which was
> read in from cubfile header[2],) to be less than 6, otherwise it errors
> out for "Too many models in .cub file."
>
> This particular .cub file returned a 7 for num_models. I commented out
> line 6327-6329 (not checking for num_models), and it went through and
> created the correct model with one volume. My questions are: What does
> the num_models refer to? And whether it has an upper limit? what should
> it be?
>
> I'd appreciate someone who's familiar with cub file to give me some hint
> on a correct fix for this issue.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Jane

          phone: (608) 263-8485      1500 Engineering Dr.
            fax: (608) 263-4499      Madison, WI 53706