[cgma-dev] How do I turn off Fortran name mangling?

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Wed Mar 16 18:13:35 CDT 2011

I just rebuilt CGM and Lasso with arguments

../configure --prefix=/home/jed/usr --enable-debug --enable-shared
--with-mpi --with-occ=/opt/opencascade CC=mpicc CXX=mpicxx FC= F77=

and

../configure --prefix=/home/jed/usr --enable-shared --enable-debug
--with-igeom=/home/jed/usr --with-imesh=/home/jed/usr CC=mpicc CXX=mpicxx
FC= F77=

respectively. In the past, this has turned off Fortran name mangling. For
MOAB, I have to give --disable-fortran for this effect, but that does not
show up in the help messages for CGM or Lasso. So I compiled and installed
CGM like this, the symbols in the library are mangled which I don't really
like (not as nice in the debugger) but no big deal except that Lasso (which
is also producing mangled symbols) is still referencing non-mangled iGeom
symbols which of course causes link errors.