[cgma-dev] Problem building CGM in shared mode

Robert Smith smithrm at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 6 16:26:05 CDT 2010

Is there some trick to getting CGM to build with --enable-shared?
This also has Cubit turned on.

I tried running the configure as it is done on the buildbot server and
I continually get an error when it tries to link libcgm.la.  It says
that '/bin/ld cannot find -lcubiti19'.  That makes sense since there
is no -L switch to point to the Cubit install directory in the link
line although the libcubiti19.so file is included explicitly in the
libtool line.  And the output of the make is slightly different on my
build than the buildbot build.

Could this be a libtool mismatch?  I'm on the ANL Linux cluster
running 1.5.26.

--Bob