[cgma-dev] CGM iGeom bugs

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 5 11:14:44 CST 2010

For the crashes and non-frees, please make sure there are tickets entered for them (along with tests that show the
problem, ideally).  For the longer term ones, we need tickets too, just with different urgency.

- tim

James Porter wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 08:48 -0600, Jason Kraftcheck wrote:
>> I've noticed a few issues with the iGeom interface recently:
>>
>> o many functions do not free allocated output arrays when they fail
>> o sweepEntAboutAxis always returns a body.  If sweeping a curve,
>>   shouldn't this return a surface?
>> o we still need to change to returning volumes rather than bodies
>>   for iBase_REGION type.
>
> On this subject, there are also two problems I've noticed from the
> Python stuff:
>
> o second derivative isn't supported
> o iGeom_getPntRayIntsct always crashes; part of it is because some iGeom
>   code assumes divide-by-zero errors don't throw a floating point
>   exception, but there's also some problem in the Cubit code (on 10.2,
>   at least).
>
> - Jim

          phone: (608) 263-8485      1500 Engineering Dr.
            fax: (608) 263-4499      Madison, WI 53706