[cgma-dev] r3517 - cgm/trunk/itaps

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Thu Feb 4 09:39:31 CST 2010

On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 09:27:10 -0600, Tim Tautges <tautges at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> This issue is biting us more and more (Rajeev's seeing it in spades right now).  I think we should go completely to
> volumes.  The cases where you get multiple volumes per body you'll see only rarely though iGeom anyway, and we should
> probably add an error code for that, e.g. MULTIPLE_VOLUMES or something.

An error code?  That doesn't seem very useful.

Wouldn't iGeom_unitEnts essentially always produce multiple volumes?
Doesn't this just mean that iGeom needs to be fixed?  Either it returns
bodies and includes an API for getting the volumes constituting the
volume, or it always speaks in terms of volumes and deal with groups of
volumes when appropriate.

Jed