[cgma-dev] r3517 - cgm/trunk/itaps

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 4 09:27:10 CST 2010

This issue is biting us more and more (Rajeev's seeing it in spades right now).  I think we should go completely to
volumes.  The cases where you get multiple volumes per body you'll see only rarely though iGeom anyway, and we should
probably add an error code for that, e.g. MULTIPLE_VOLUMES or something.

  - tim

Jason Kraftcheck wrote:

> It should consistently either always return RefVolume or always return Body.
> Mixing them breaks things because the iGeom API doesn't have that
> distinction (only one of them can be used for the iBase_REGION type.)  I
> started changing some of the RefVolume stuff to return Bodys instead, but
> perhaps the better solution would be to change all the functions (e.g.
> create*) to return RefVolumes instead?
>
> - jason

          phone: (608) 263-8485      1500 Engineering Dr.
            fax: (608) 263-4499      Madison, WI 53706