[cgma-dev] Finding ACIS in Cubit

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Mon Oct 19 12:15:12 CDT 2009

Jason Kraftcheck wrote:
> Jed Brown wrote:
>> Jason Kraftcheck wrote:
>>
>>> I don't think there have been any significant changes to the C++ ABI for
>>> g++ since 3.3.  Would you mind sending the config.log file for the
>>> failing run of the configure script?
>>
>> attached
>>

> This is the failure:
>
>   configure:22783: checking for AcisQueryEngine::instance_ in
>     /home/jed/usr/cubit-20091014/bin/libcubiti19.so
>   ../configure: line 22786: ./libtool: No such file or directory
>   configure:22793: result: no
>
> The original configure script would use libtool to do link tests so we
> could use -rpath type options portably.  However, with the release of
> libtool 2.x, the libtool script isn't generated until the end of the
> configure script.  So we changed the configure script such that it no
> longer requires libtool for this and other tests.  From the above error,
> my first guess is that you are using libtool 2.x with an older version
> of the CGM configure script.

I just re-fetched head and autoreconf -fi.  I have libtool 2.2.6a.
When there is no libtool script in the build directory, I get

../configure: line 22511: ./libtool: No such file or directory
../configure: line 22519: ./libtool: No such file or directory
checking for C++-standard library in std:: namespace... no
checking for C++-standard I/O in std:: namespace... no
checking if C++ template definitions should be included... yes
checking for AcisQueryEngine::instance_ in /home/jed/usr/cubit-20091014/bin/libcubiti19.so... no
configure: error: "Cubit library not found in /home/jed/usr/cubit-20091014/bin"

after: ln -s /usr/bin/libtool

I get the attached config.log

Jed