[cgma-dev] Finding ACIS in Cubit

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Mon Oct 19 11:43:31 CDT 2009

Jed Brown wrote:
> Jason Kraftcheck wrote:
>
>> I don't think there have been any significant changes to the C++ ABI for
>> g++ since 3.3.  Would you mind sending the config.log file for the
>> failing run of the configure script?
>
> attached

This is the failure:

   configure:22783: checking for AcisQueryEngine::instance_ in
     /home/jed/usr/cubit-20091014/bin/libcubiti19.so
   ../configure: line 22786: ./libtool: No such file or directory
   configure:22793: result: no

The original configure script would use libtool to do link tests so we
could use -rpath type options portably.  However, with the release of
libtool 2.x, the libtool script isn't generated until the end of the
configure script.  So we changed the configure script such that it no
longer requires libtool for this and other tests.  From the above error,
my first guess is that you are using libtool 2.x with an older version
of the CGM configure script.

- jason