[cgma-dev] Issues with multiple instances of iGeom

James Porter jvporter at wisc.edu
Wed Sep 23 14:40:55 CDT 2009

I'm using a more-or-less nightly build of CGM as the backend for the
Python iGeom stuff, and I ran across some issues with unit-testing.
Specifically, it seems impossible to have multiple instances of iGeom
without things getting confused, even if you only have one instance at a
time.

While it's probably not the only issue, it seems that entity sets are
stored statically and don't go away when you destroy an iGeom instance.
My (very brief) reading of the CGM code suggests that this isn't going
to be an easy thing to fix, but it seems like a pretty significant
problem to me.

Attached is a sample C program that shows the issue. For maximum
disclosure, here's my configure command:

./configure --prefix=$HOME/moab --with-cubit=/cubit/cubit10.2 --with-pic