[cgma-dev] Cubit 11 and CGM

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Thu Apr 10 16:23:25 CDT 2008

Building CGM with the --with-cubit option does not work with version 11 of
Cubit.  It does work for Cubit 10.2.

When trying to run cgm2moab using libcubiti19.so from version 11 of Cubit, I
see the following errors:
  ERROR: Unable to set ACIS string option '°ϐ#-+' to ''
  Internal error copying geometry

The first error message comes from AcisQueryEngine::set_str_option.  Setting
a breakpoint there, I see this call stack:
#0  in AcisQueryEngine::set_str_option () from libcubiti19.so
#1  in cgm2moab  at cgm2moab.cc:289
#2  in main at main.cc:182

cgm2moab does not call AcisQueryEngine::set_str_option(..) anywhere in the
source.  Line 289 is a call to GeometryQueryTool::get_graphics(..).  This
looks to me like an ABI incompatibility between the headers in CGM and the
compiled version of CGM in Cubit 11.

- jason