[CGMa-announce] New mailing lists for lasso

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 16 15:25:38 CDT 2011

Ugh, one of the things I'd meant to write, but forgot to, was what Lasso is... Lasso is a component for recovering and
querying relations between mesh and geometry (and other data, eventually).  Using lasso, you can load geometry/mesh into
CGM/MOAB, then recover the mesh to geometry associativity that existed when the mesh was generated.  If you're working
from CUBIT, this only works by saving the geometry and mesh in a .cub file, then reading that same file into CGM and
MOAB, then using Lasso to infer the relations.

For more information, see the Lasso wiki page at http://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/ITAPS/wiki/Lasso.

- tim