[AG-USERS] AG3 documentation???

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 3 18:51:19 CDT 2006

On 7/30/06 8:09 PM, George Jeries wrote:
> hello everyone
>
> i'm writing a paper on Access Grid for my grid computing class. It
> talks in general about AG and its uses etc....
>
> i've been looking all over the place on the design information for
> AG3, but no luck. i found for AG2 but will not help me if AG3 is very
> different than AG2.
Design documents are incomplete.  Many of the concepts you see in the
documents written
for AG2 still apply to AG3.  We've changed many of the dependencies for
AG3 to rely
more on standard Internet technologies, while maintaining interfaces
that will enable
grid computing on top of the AG.

> can anyone help me or direct me to find this information.
> another question is that does AG3 use GTK? and if it does, what version?
> thanks in advance

AG2 uses the C code from the Globus Toolkit 3 release (except on
Windows, where it continues
to use older GT2 code).  The C code from GT4 would likely also work, but
we haven't
migrated to it.

AG3 has no reliance on Globus, but instead relies on standard tech like
SSL, FTP, XML, Jabber, SOAP, with an eye toward greater interoperability
and robustness.

Feel free to ask any questions you need answered.  The ag-dev list
is likely the best place for questions of this sort.

Tom