[AG-USERS] Linux Docs

Jim Summers jsummers at cs.ou.edu
Thu Sep 15 08:47:31 CDT 2005

Hello List,

I have been asked to setup our Linux desktops so that they can become
access grid nodes.

I found the rpms for fedora 4 and was able to install them on my test
system.  But from there I am pretty much at a loss as far as how to proceed.

The documentation I have found so far seems to outline the steps
necessary for doing this on a windows system, but they do not apply to
the linux desktop.

I have poked around in the /usr/share/docs/AccessGrid directory and
found a INSTALL.Linux, but it only describes the steps to emerge it onto
a gentoo system.

I also found a link to some docs for setting up an access grid room on
Linux but I did not think that was what I am after and the software
referenced did not match what I installed.

Are there any docs for getting a simple client node setup on Linux using
the current versions of the software?  If so, where might they be?

TIA
--
Jim Summers
School of Computer Science-University of Oklahoma