[AG-USERS] what is going on, in spades????

Eric Olson eolson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 13 14:46:28 CDT 2005

Fred,

Hanging when connecting to the ivs could be caused by a couple of things.

Could you:
- Tell us if it hangs when connecting to another server:
https://vv2.mcs.anl.gov:9000/Venues/default
- Reproduce the problem and then submit an error report from the
VenueClient's help menu to give us more information?  It is okay if you
need to restart the VenueClient before submitting the error report.
- Verify that your machine's ip address and hostname resolve to each
other correctly?

Although hanging when connecting to the ivs is unrelated to QuickTime,
if you make sure you have updated quicktime 7 on your machine (I believe
7.0.1 is the current release), you should have no problems related to
QuickTime.

Eric