[AG-USERS] what is going on, in spades????

Fred Stafford f-stafford at uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 13 14:08:57 CDT 2005

I'm sorry, all. I just don't get it.

I've been trying to install the AG node software on my new
G5 Tower Mac (OS 10.3.9) as a means of verifying, to my self, the
usefulness for persons here at the University trying to develop
multi-institutional centers. I  am using an iSight camera with
Plantronics DSP 400 headset for audio.

So, before I left on travel, about 4 wks ago, I installed the AG and
it would not work.  (I have a certificate) A local guru on  AG spent
two hours on my machine, with no better luck. His diagnosis was that
the then current AG software would not work with QuickTime 7 as
supplied with my new machine, and that I had to find an old version 6
(I think I have the version numbers correct, from memory). We have
not been able to find a coy of QT 6.

I have since upgraded to AG  2.4, following instructions (to the best
of my ability) at
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/software/releases/2.4/macosx.html
I get as far Access Grid Launcher: Venue Client.    Python hangs up
if I try to access  https://ivs.mcs.anl.gov:9000/Venues/default. I
get nothing out of the Venue Client Manual.

I would appreciate help in getting AG up and running.

Fred

--
Fred E. Stafford
Senior Director, Special Projects