[AG-USERS] Audio

John I Quebedeaux Jr jquebedeaux at mac.com
Fri Aug 5 16:18:30 CDT 2005

Hey Marsha,

Two things:

1) go through the sound panel (in system preferences) to set the
audio source on  your mac. The RAT on the Mac (at least in the past)
doesn't set the input for the audio. I would not recommend using the
built in mic anyway for the AG.

2) you're going to create echo unless you use headphones or an echo
canceling mic like the Accumic PC. You won't hear it yourself, but
all the other sites are going to complain that you're causing echo.

Okay, a 3rd thing; finally, if you get it to work, I'll be curious to
know. I'm trying the updated package and while i can get Vic to start
up, the RAT doesn't seem to want to start. On the other hand, I'm
just trying this again today and haven't had any time to look at logs
and troubleshoot yet.

I'm running 10.4.2... you?
-John Q.
--