[AG-USERS] AG newbie questions

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Oct 9 14:15:11 CDT 2004

Hi Pete,

> I have a few, hopefully, quick questions that I was hoping
> someone could answer:
>
> 1. Does the AG software from ANL conflict with the software
> produced by INSORS? That is, can I install the AG/ANL
> software on a system already running the INSORS software?

You can install both on the same hardware.

> 2. Could someone recommend the best hardware (USB
> camera-headset/$) combo for setting up a laptop system.

There are many choices, the logitech 4000 + a plantronics usb headset is
probably the cheapest, works under windows, but I don't know about linux.

> 3. I'd like to set up the AG software on a linux laptop. Is
> it just as easy to do it under linux as windows? If so,
> what's the best distro to use?

The current linux distributions can be found on the software pages, there
are various efforts, and support is available for gentoo, debian, slackware,
fedora core 1 and/or 2.

> I apologize if these questions have been asked before. I
> couldn't find anything related in the the AG website documentation.

No problem.

--Ivan