[AG-USERS] Amado / Searching for MIT node operator

Jennifer Teig von Hoffman jtvh at bu.edu
Wed Apr 21 08:36:55 CDT 2004

Hi Josh,

Guess I should have read the rest of my email before dropping you a note
to ask about your node. :-)

We run an AG 2.x multicast/unicast bridge locally here at BU, and it's
really not hard; I'm curious if the issues about the bridge you're
trying to run are complicated in some way I'm not anticipating? Or
perhaps it's an issue of where on your network to place the bridge? We
folks at BU might be able to help you sort things out, and/or the
ag-tech mailing list is always a great place to get help. There's also a
MOO where lots of us hang out, at venues.accessgrid.org:7777, where we
hang out in a room called "the meadow" (if you need info on MOO clients
and navigation and such, there's a doc at

http://www.accessgrid.org/agdp/howto/use-venues-moo.html

(Um, that was probably way more information than you really wanted . . .)

And generally speaking, if folks from MIT need access to a room-sized
node to participate in meetings from time to time, please let them know
they can drop me a note, and if our nodes's available we're happy to
have them come on over. We've done that in the past for folks from MIT
and various other local institutions.

- Jennnifer