[AG-USERS] Amado / Searching for MIT node operator

Joshua Stillerman jas at psfc.mit.edu
Wed Apr 21 08:10:34 CDT 2004

Amado -
  My name is Josh Stillerman.  We have several AG capable systems at the
MIT-PSFC.  We do not have a room set up for AG, and we do not have an AG
node operator.  These are people's desktop machines.  In addition the
multicast nature of the AG traffic does really really terrible things to
our network in all but the smallest of meetings.  We have discussed
with Argonne implementation of a local bridge, so the traffic on our lan
would be unicast, but no progress on this has been made.  At this time
we can only participate in meetings with a small number of streams, and
we don't have a space for a large (more than one or two person)
audience.  If you want to speak with one to two people over AG here at
MIT for a short meeting, we may be able to accommodate you.

Sorry,

-- josh