[AG-USERS] Hello, introductions

Huskamp, Sandra W HUSKAMPS at MAIL.ECU.EDU
Mon Mar 10 13:26:13 CST 2003

Greetings from North Carolina,

I am Sandra Huskamp at East Carolina University - Greenville, NC (or down
east as they say).
ECU is a new AG node, installed and tested in October/November 2002.

Our inaugural event, December 2002, was the first of many workshops for
middle and high school teachers in NC and Illinois - team teaching
visualization tools for use in the classroom (to renew teacher and student
interest), and focusing on the use of communications vehicles, such as the
AG, to reduce teacher isolation in rural areas. This program was funded (not
the AG) through an NSF grant, and includes such great partners as NCSA, the
Electronic Visualization Lab in Chicago, the Morehead Planetarium and
Science Center at UNC-Chapel Hill, Elizabeth City State University, UIUC -
Office of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education and The Illinois
Area 4 Learning Technology Center.

We're introducing the AG to all faculty/staff at ECU next week, with three
open forum sessions. We are especially interested in the virtual seminars
and individual/small group collaborative opportunities that are now
available.  We participated in the Bioinformatics and Genomics seminar last
week and plan to connect to the CCS seminars soon.  ECU is a leader in
distance education in NC - so we're also very interested in our we can
appropriately use this technology in that area.

We're very excited about our AG - and already have started planning for more
nodes on campus.

Thanks,
Sandra