[AG-USERS] Hello, introductions

Tom Coffin tcoffin at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 3 13:19:22 CST 2003

hi - I'm Tom Coffin at NCSA ACCESS
http://calder.ncsa.uiuc.edu/ACCESS/

I've been following the AG from the beginning
and have integrated the ag into our av system
here. We have two full scale nodes and several
personal interface machines. We have also
installed and use the inSORS version of the
software.

One interesting thing we have done here is installed
the ag in a conference room but have the operator
monitor the session from another (remote) location.
That way they are not pyhsically in the room.
It's kind of a proof of concept towards remote
ag operations.

Another interesting thing about using the AG with a
tricked out av system is that we can blend in
polycoms (h32x envoironments) or mpeg streams.
Going the other way, we can and push out to other
streaming video types of environments - like to
polycoms and/or to the web.

We host lot's of AG meetings here. We park all
our video in the ACCESS DC institutional venue,
so come on and visit sometime.

Tom Coffin .......................... tcoffin at ncsa.uiuc.edu