[AG-USERS] Hello, introductions

Jennifer Teig von Hoffman jtvh at bu.edu
Thu Feb 27 13:15:23 CST 2003

Hi everybody,

Since this is a new list, and we haven't before tried to gather
non-technical AG users in this sort of way, I'm very curious to hear
who's joined the list and in what ways you're using the AG. So, I'd like
to encourage everybody to send a little mail by way of introduction.

As for myself, I was an early adopter of the AG in the summer of 99,
when we were planning for the Alliance Chautauqua conference series and
starting to bring the first few nodes online. I've been involved in
managing events of all sizes, and am currently leading SC Global
(http://www.scglobal.org/) and the AG Documentation Project
(http://www.accessgrid.org/agdp/). I also manage BU's AG facility
(http://scv.bu.edu/accessgrid/); we're still operating in a rather
informal fashion, but playing around with the idea of eventually
formalizing our operations, with written policies and such.

So how about you? Who's out there, and what are you involved with
regarding the AG?

Cheers,
Jennifer Teig von Hoffman
Project Manager