[AG-USERS] What do you want the AG to be?

Jennifer Teig von Hoffman jtvh at bu.edu
Wed Aug 6 10:26:48 CDT 2003

Thanks everybody for sharing ideas.

How important is it to people to be able to connect to the AG through low-bandwidth connections (say, the web)?

Do a lot of people out there use their Gentners to bridge conference calls into the AG these days? It used to be a pretty standard thing to have a backup conference call in case audio failed; these days we don't seem to need that so often but here at BU we do bridge in phone calls from time to time for people who don't have AG nodes.

How strong is the need to be able to record and playback AG sessions? How about the need to record and playback data streams along with the audio and video (say, the presenter's PowerPoint presentation)?

What sorts of things do you still fly across the country for, instead of doing over the AG? Is it because the other people don't have AG nodes, or because the social factors are different (going out to dinner and all), or for other reasons?

- Jennifer