[AG-USERS] What do you want the AG to be?

Tom Coffin tcoffin at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 5 15:40:57 CDT 2003

re:    * Mitigating the impact of working
         across time zones (anybody got ideas on how?)

maybe some kind of blog which can document audio2text
or other text docs of activities of people interacting
with the venue (like reading back comments in the moo)

people would like to see in future releases of the AG Toolkit. We want to
encourage people to think big! This isn't just for AG 2.x, but 3.x and
beyond. Based on your responses, we'll be compiling a document to feed into
the requirements process for future versions.

   >Here are a few things to ponder; do these possibilities appeal to you?
   >
   >   * Exposing grid services in a virtual venue, so you can launch a globus
   >     job from within a venue
   >   * Allowing large files to be stored in venues
   >   * Advanced services related to scheduling (AG scheduling, grid
scheduling?)
   >   * Recording sessions
   >   * Allowing access from non-AG interfaces, such as the web
   >   * Mitigating the impact of working across time zones (anybody got
ideas on how?)

   >Try thinking about it from this angle too: What normal daily things do
you do in your work which you'd like to see integrated into the AG? For
example, perhaps you use a microscope you'd like to share with your
colleagues?

Tom Coffin .......................... tcoffin at ncsa.uiuc.edu