[AG-TECH] Shutdown of Argonne Access Grid services
turam at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 1 11:51:47 CST 2012
Access Grid community:
The Access Grid was created nearly 14 years ago here at Argonne National Laboratory, as an open source alternative to the proprietary videoconferencing systems of the day. Our goal was to build the videoconferencing equivalent of Linux: a foundation for collaboration to which anyone could contribute, and from which everyone would benefit. We believe that the Access Grid has achieved this goal by supporting countless scientific and administrative conferences in academia and research.
The team at Argonne maintains several servers and services to support the Access Grid, and can no longer continue these services. We are drafting a transition plan to support the still active Access Grid community. The current plan includes the following steps, which will be taken over the next 3 months; services will continue until June 1, 2012, when they will become unavailable.
• Source code will be migrated to a public repository (e.g. Google code, SourceForge)
• The Argonne Venue Server and associated services (Jabber, Bridge Registry) will be turned off
• The AG-Dev Certificate Authority will stop issuing certificates
• The accessgrid.org web site will be turned off
• AG-related mailing lists will be migrated to a public forum (e.g. Google Groups)
Thank you for all your support and involvement over the years,
The Access Grid developers
(You are receiving this message because you are subscribed to one of the Access Grid mailing lists, either ag-tech, ag-users, or ag-dev)
More information about the ag-tech