[AG-TECH] Access Grid Sound Test Question

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Fri Oct 14 16:24:13 CDT 2011

Jonathan,

I see from your picture that you're using the multicast bridge at msp-
ag.ncsa.uiuc.edu, which I also just tried with same result.

However I also tried both Westgrid and APAG bridges and in both cases
saw the expected result. It seems that your problem might be related
to the multicast connectivity between the NCSA bridge and the audio
reflector.

chris

On 15/10/2011, at 5:40 AM, Klubek, Jonathan wrote:

> Our group recently redesigned a room for use as an Access Grid /
> Video Conferencing Center.  The firm we contracted with has finished
> the setup and we are now in the process of configuring the Access
> Grid software for use in the room.  We have the software installed
> and configured from the instructions but are having an issue testing
> things.  The machine we are running is a Windows 7 x64 machine and
> we are having issues doing the Sound test listed here:
>
> http://www.accessgrid.org/node/354
>
> Our issue is that the instructions do not match for the simple test
> using a packet reflector after step 2.  The directions indicate that
> we should have 3 audio sources (our source twice and the reflector
> once).  We only see our option once and the reflector once.  Has
> anyone else experienced this problem?  I attached a screenshot that
> illustrates he issue.  We are pretty sure we configured things
> properly with adding video and audio devices from the cameras and
> sound card.
>
> Jonathan
>
> <soundreflector_prob.JPG>

Christoph Willing              +61 7 3365 8316
Research Computing Centre
University of Queensland