[AG-TECH] Network and Bridge Questions

Nikkos Svoboda nsvoboda at math.lsu.edu
Fri Nov 11 10:11:37 CST 2011

    I believe that the best setup is to give each computer a public IP.
Though the node comprising multiple computers appears as one participant
in the venue, the data streams coming from each computer are sent
independently. Similarly, the computer in the node that is given the
'video consumer' service will be the computer receiving the data
streams. The data is not funneled through the controlling computer.
    There are probably network setups that avoid public IPs for each
computer, like iptable rules on a router or other NAT solutions, but I
think these will be difficult to setup and maintain.

    The disappearing bridge problem has been around for awhile. I don't
believe there is a solution currently.

-Nikkos Svoboda
LSU Department of Mathematics