[AG-TECH] Changing jabber window text color - Windows icons

Thomas Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 24 14:35:00 CST 2011

Hi Nikkos:

There are no user-facing preferences to control the VenueClient text color. You can find the relevant bits for the Jabber panel in VenueClientUI.py/JabberClientPanel/__init__, here:

        self.normalTextAttr = wx.TextAttr(wx.BLACK)
        self.boldTextAttr = wx.TextAttr(wx.Colour(60,60,60))
        f = wx.NORMAL_FONT
        boldf = wx.Font(f.GetPointSize(),f.GetFamily(),f.GetStyle(),wx.FONTWEIGHT_BOLD)
        boldf.SetWeight(wx.FONTWEIGHT_BOLD)
        self.normalTextAttr.SetFont(f)
        self.boldTextAttr.SetFont(boldf)
        self.textOutput.SetDefaultStyle(self.normalTextAttr)
        self.textInput.SetDefaultStyle(self.normalTextAttr)

I'm not aware of the icon/smudge problem you mentioned. You could check the AccessGrid bugzilla, and file a bug report if necessary, here:

bugzilla.mcs.anl.gov/AccessGrid

Thanks,
Tom