[AG-TECH] RAT does not detect Creative SB X-Fi Surround 5.1 audio device.

Nikkos Svoboda nsvoboda at math.lsu.edu
Mon Apr 11 09:51:00 CDT 2011

    I have had this same problem. The short story is, don't use the
Creative driver for the USB Xi-fi. Use Windows' built-in "USB Sound
Device" driver instead.

    I have a hypothesis, but someone with more RAT programming
experience would be able to say if this is plausible:
     It seems that the Creative driver [for the USB Xi-fi] separates the
input and output mixers into separate devices. Since these individual
mixer devices are not 'full duplex', the AG software no longer considers
them a valid sound device selection. I spent some time editing the
driver's device setup to see if I could merge the devices, but never
could get AG to work with the driver.

-Nikkos Svoboda
LSU Department of Mathematics