[AG-TECH] RAT does not detect Creative SB X-Fi Surround 5.1 audio device.

Mike Lake Mike.Lake at uts.edu.au
Mon Apr 11 00:39:24 CDT 2011

Hi all

I am not able to detect the Audio Device under RAT/Options/Audio.
Hence we have no sound. This occurred last week, we don't know why yet.

We are using AG 3.1 on Win XP.
Sound card is a Creative SB X-Fi Surround 5.1 which appears fine under Windows, Sound & Audio Devices lists it as OK, we can play Beethoven from the speakers fine using Windows media player.

(There is an AudioMax device on the motherboard that is disabled, if enabled it appears fine in the RAT.)

I found a post here with a similar problem:

  [AG-TECH] Fwd: Problems with RAT
  Todd Zimmerman todd.zimmerman at ubc.ca
  Tue Feb 8 13:05, 2011
  https://lists.mcs.anl.gov/mailman/htdig/ag-tech/2011-February/021962.html

Seems no reply to that problem.

I have reinstalled Creative SB drivers, have reinstalled AG 3.1 but still RAT cannot detect the SB driver in its drop down list box.

Suggestions most welcome. I'm at a loss.

Mike Lake
9514 2238 (w)

UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F
DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or
attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the University of Technology Sydney.
Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.

Think. Green. Do.