[AG-TECH] Tue 12th April - JISC OneVRE Project: "Creating a Secure Distribution Cross-Portlet system for Sharing Electronic Documents"

Martin Turner Martin.Turner at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Apr 11 04:18:02 CDT 2011

*** Apologies for Cross-posting Reminder and Virtual Venue Instructions
added below ***

Seminar: OneVRE Launch Event, Tue 12th April 2pm (BST)

Tobias Schiebeck, Meik Poschen and Martin Turner, University of
Manchester: "JISC OneVRE Project: Creating a Secure Distribution
Cross-Portlet system for Sharing Electronic Documents".

Tuesday 12th April,  2pm-3pm (BST) Room 1.10, Kilburn Building The
University of Manchester

Website launch and demonstration: With Access Grid Technologies we can
now join Portal based VREs. Using SARoNGS to authenticate users and
provide VO attributes with the X.509 proxy certificates, secure
communication provides a Virtual Organization based access to electronic
documents stored in the Venues. These documents can be securely shared;
but also have expiry dates when they are removed automatically.
A key component is the joining of Portal environments using the lesser
known Access Grid technologies, in order to keep researchers within
their familiar secure environment while reducing administration overheads.

More information: http://www.rcs.mancheter.ac.uk/research/OneVRE
Try it out: https://onevre.rcs.manchester.ac.uk
Snacks and drinks from 1:30pm

If you would like to join virtually, please let us know and we'll get in
touch on procedure (or see below). martin.turner at manchester.ac.uk

-----
We would wish users to view via EVO and should note the following:
EVO bridge Virtual Venue: VRVS-Urbis
vrvs---urbis(sam.ag.manchester.ac.uk)
Jabber Room: vrvs---urbis (sam.ag.manchester.ac.uk)@conference.mcs.anl.gov