[AG-TECH] Access Grid 3.2 for Mac OS X 10.5 but not (yet) 10.6

Terry McGuire tmcguire at ualberta.ca
Wed Sep 29 17:48:53 CDT 2010

On 29 Sep 2010, at 1609h, Gurcharan S. Khanna wrote:

> other issues though: the replacement vic's quit button overlaps the resize corner,
> so it quits every time i try to resize. anyone else have this problem?

Aha!  So *that's* why resizing the window seemed to do a 'silent crash' of vic!  It never occurred to me that I was accidentally clicking the quit button, but that's exactly how it behaves.  Sometimes bugs hide in plain sight.

> audio: it works! still sounds a little gravely but works and doesn't die. great!
> (am using USB Chat50 mic). does your audio sound ok?

I haven't done much testing yet, but I'm told my audio sounds ok, using a Logitech USB headset.  I did notice that it looks like the Mac vic is now able to sample at 16KHz, which ought to improve sound quality a fair bit compared to the previous versions.

Terry