[AG-TECH] AG3.2 Bundle - Blackmagic Card Support

Todd Zimmerman todd.zimmerman at ubc.ca
Thu Sep 23 11:51:35 CDT 2010

  Hey All,

I'm trying to get my Blackmagic card working using the just released
AG3.2 bundle.

Vic version: vic-2.8ucl1.4.0beta (GPL)

I'm using a Blackmagic Decklink Studio.

When I add start a VideoServiceHD, I am not getting video.  Here is the
behavior:

If I select  "Decklink Video Capture" for device (port external-in,
Signal NTSC) and any of h261as, mpeg4 or h264, I get a black screen
(which is promising....).  h261 is grayed out, but if I set h.261 in the
Service Configuration in AG, it will select it, but I get a vic error
"can't read "encoder": no such variable"

This is also the error I get if changing the device to "Blackmagic
Decklink Studio 2"

Note the 'Blackmagic Decklink-Grabber section with 'Software Scaling' in
the vic settings menu only appears if I select "Blackmagic Decklink
Studio 2" as the device.

Any suggestions?

Todd