[AG-TECH] Developers - How to diferenciate between "creator" and "viewer"?

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Mon May 17 06:10:26 CDT 2010

On 17/05/2010, at 6:41 AM, Jesus Cea Oliva wrote:

> Hi list!
>
> Firstly, any news about file uploading and sent/recive events? :P. I
> have a virtual machine with Fedora 10 and there works all fine, so,
> I'm working with this machine now.

The fact that Fedora 10 uses python2.5 (and works correctly) supports
someone's idea that this is problem is related to the python version
being used; so far, all known non-working cases use python2.6.

> Well, we are doing some Shared Applications for our project, like a
> PDF Viewer or, now, I'm developing an application for create
> evaluation tests and, later, do them.
>
> I need to differenciate two "roles" for my applications: the
> "creator", I mean, the participant that "invokes" a Shared
> Application; and the "viewer" or something like this, I mean, the
> participant that receive the invitation of a Shared Application.
> (sorry for the roles name xD)
>
> I would like to show differents windows for this roles. For example,
> on the evaluation tests designer; the application shows to the
> creator (a teacher, for example) a form to design a evaluation test.
> However, if the participant is the "viewer" (a student, for
> example), the application shows a evaluation test designed.
>
> On others Shared application, I would like to differenciate this
> roles. It this possible?. How?

I suggest you have a look at AccessGrid/AppMonitor.py - it shows how
to join a Shared App., obtain its state and then its description. This
description seems to include the name of whoever started the app - as
is shown if you right click->Open Monitor on any shared app. In your
applications, if your own profile's name matches that of the app's
creator then you would consider yourself the teacher, otherwise a
student.

chris

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8316
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland