[AG-TECH] Echo test room?

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Fri Mar 26 17:46:59 CDT 2010

On 27/03/2010, at 7:59 AM, Jeremy Mann wrote:
[snip]
> Also, I fixed one users problem on Ubuntu Karmic. The pulseaudio
> daemon was interfering with RAT. There was no init script so in the
> end, the solution was to quit RAT, rename /usr/bin/pulseaudio to
> /usr/bin/pulseaudio.bak and restart RAT. Now he could "see" the ALSA
> and OSS devices for his soundcard.

Another method that may be useful, especially in cases where
pulseaudio might still be needed for something else, is at:
     http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/research/accessgrid/howto/rat.html

It was originally a fix for the previous version of Ubuntu but works
for Karmic too.

chris

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8316
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland