[AG-TECH] HD audio question

Todd Zimmerman todd.zimmerman at ubc.ca
Wed Jul 21 14:57:46 CDT 2010

On 07/21/2010 07:47 AM, Cindy Sievers wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am building a new node and having some audio issues. I'm using a Dell
> T5500 running Windows 7. I would like to just use the onboard audio, but
> for some reason I can't transmit or receive audio. I'm still using the
> XAP800 and XAPTH2 (I know, outdated, but it still works!). The onboard
> audio is HD SoundMax. I had some similar issues a few years back with
> the 2 channel audio. Just wondering if that's the problem now too......
> When I look at the specs, it's 2 channel 44.1KHz....Any suggestions or
> advice?

I _know_ you did this, but did you confirm the sound card _is_ working
outside of Rat?  Also, what version of Rat are you using?  I believe the
latest version available is 4.401, though on Windows it may be 4.40.

What is the behavior - you can select the sound card, but no audio in or
out?

Also, as an aside, when I spoke to the Clearone folks at Infocomm, they
told me they accept XAP400/800's as trade in for newer Converge Pro's.
Not sure how much they offer for trade in but I think it was in the $500
range.

Todd