[AG-TECH] Disabled Bridge

Andrew Rowley Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Jul 20 01:51:23 CDT 2010

Hi,

>From what I remember, the ping sends a TCP message (XMLRPC call of the Ping() function).  However, the bridge communicates using UDP, so the ping doesn't really test the bridge in any real way.

So what I am wondering is what you mean by "Fails to connect to the bridge".  Do you get an error message or does it seem to work but you don't see/hear anything?  Also, try running the VenueClient in Debug mode and see if there are any messages there.  If you don't get an error, it is probably a firewall issue somewhere.  One error I have been seeing a lot lately is the NoFreePortsError.  This seems to be a bug in the bridge where it is not freeing the ports in an internal data structure and so it eventually runs out.

Andrew :)

   Andrew G D Rowley
   Senior Development Officer

   Research Computing Services