[AG-TECH] FW: Australasian - Pacific region AGTK 3.2 rollout - postponed

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Sun Dec 12 19:57:19 CST 2010

Colleagues

Apologises in advance, but I would like to delay the rollout a few days more.

I am happy to announce that a substantial amount of effort has been has been made recently in the development of improvements to the Access Grid software.  Unfortunately, a small amount of additional effort is required to finalise the release of an improved version of vic for Windows.  It is expect that this development work will be completed in the next few days.

Therefore, in the interest of releasing a significantly improved "windows bundle" release, the rollout will be postponed.

But, on a positive side of things, I am very excited to announce a new release of VPCScreen for windows which has been greatly improved.  These improvement include:

*         Ability to transmit from different screens (and not just the primary screen); and

*         Ability to transmit at higher frame rates (up to 30fps);

For those who would like to try out this new version, the package can be found at http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~turam/20101210-1907/VPCScreenProducerService.agpkg3.  Feel free to give it a go and let us know if you have any problems with it.

It is expected that the new bundle release will be available to download and install this Friday (as some testing is also required) and will be announced on this mailing list as soon as it becomes available.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Tom Uram for his work on improving the VPCScreen Package, as well as Doug Kosovic for his on going development work with Vic.  Also like to thank Nathan, Todd and Llyod with their help with testing recent improvements.

Thank you for you patience and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Once again, apologises for any inconveniences caused.

Many regards,
Jason.