[AG-TECH] HD vic on Linux

Richard Palmer richard.d.palmer at kcl.ac.uk
Wed Aug 11 16:07:39 CDT 2010

Dear Chris,

> I just made a quick build of the latest vic for amd64 lenny. Its at:
>      http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/debuntu/lenny/ag-vic2.8ucl_1.4.0r4876_amd64.deb
> An i386 version should be there fairly soon too.
>
> I haven't been able to check it fully since its a holiday here today
> and I don't have a lenny machine with the blackmagic driver installed.
> It needs dkms which isn't available for lenny although I believe
> there's a package in progress for squeeze. Anyway if you've resolved
> all that already, then the package above may work. You'll have to use
> dpkg to install it as I haven't properly added to our repo until I can
> test it more thoroughly.

Worked perfectly, many thanks Chris. I used a backported version of dkms.
Could only test it with PAL camera over s-video today, that was fine, will
try to test the HD camera later in the week and report back.

I'm still trying to piece Access Grid together as a system so forgive the
possibly foolish next question, but if I launch the standalone HD vic can
that then be used as part of a AccessGrid session in some way ? (using
the Venue client). If so, how ?.

Thanks again,

Richard

--
Richard Palmer			| Centre for E-Research &
Systems Manager			| Centre for Computing in the Humanities