[AG-TECH] HD vic on Linux

Richard Palmer richard.d.palmer at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Aug 10 10:24:55 CDT 2010

Dear Chris,

> Neither of these projects is still being actively developed. Perhaps
> more importantly, neither works on all AG supported platforms so is
> unlikely to become widely used.

Ah, right. I was fooled by the 'Recent Projects' link in the wiki.

> There is currently a major effort to support the Blackmagic cards
> within the "real" vic code. In fact there's pretty workable support
> already in the svn version. The most recent Slackware and Ubuntu AG
> releases already use that code for vic if you want to play with it.
> but don't want to retrieve and and build from svn yourself. Be aware
> that there is no AG video service yet for this device so, for now,
> you'll have to run the HDMI supporting vic stand alone

Of course, I should have gone to the source! (Although the developer
link is quite well hidden). I'll check the code out and try to get it
running on our server (we're running Debian so perhaps the Ubuntu
packages will build/work?).

Thanks (again) Chris,

Richard

--
Richard Palmer			| Centre for E-Research &
Systems Manager			| Centre for Computing in the Humanities