[AG-TECH] Issues connecting to venue

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Thu Apr 22 15:52:33 CDT 2010

On 23/04/2010, at 3:39 AM, krishna chandu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have created venues in my Venue Server. I could go to particular
> venue by clicking on venues, but I could not invoke the chat in that
> venue. It popped up an error saying - You need to be connected to a
> venue to send a text message. Could anyone please help me know the
> reason behind it and advise what I am missing. Thanks.

Even though you run your own venue server, you will probably see an
entry "textHost = jabber.mcs.anl.gov" in your VenueServer.cfg file
i.e. the jabber server for the text system is located elsewhere. Is
your testing network able to reach that jabber server? Perhaps there
is some indication in your log files about this (non) connection.

chris

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8316
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland