[AG-TECH] New equipment recommendations
sievers at lanl.gov
Thu Apr 1 16:04:27 CDT 2010
We are in the process of upgrading our equipment and would like some
input. We currently have a room based AG node with 4 cameras, 4
projectors, wired desktop mics, XAP800, all on one Dell dual
processor running windows XP. We are going to upgrade to a beefier
machine, 3 analog cameras, one high def camera, 3 HDTV digital video
displays, 1 flat panel digital display, possibly wireless mics,
possibly same audio mixer.
So my questions are:
1. Is a single machine the best option or should I consider a
separate machine for display?
2. Since the displays have only HDMI input, what kind of cards are folks using?
3. Is there a cable length limit for HDMI cables I need to take into
4. We would also like to upgrade our speakers - any suggestions?
5. Wireless mics - what is working for folks? How about ceiling
mics? Has anyone had good luck with any particular brands?
6. I have a sony EVI-HD1 HD camera and Blackmagic Decklink HD Extreme
card, and I'm currently using a Winov Videum for the analog
cameras......can those two exist in the same machine?
7. Should I upgrade the audio mixer?
8. What kind of issues do you see with HD displays and AG compatibility?
Any other suggestions are welcome!
Cindy Sievers Los Alamos National Laboratory
sievers at lanl.gov Group CCS-1 MS B287
tel:505.665.6602 Advanced Computing
fax:505.665.4939 Los Alamos, NM 87544
More information about the ag-tech