[AG-TECH] Mac OSX 10.6

John I. Quebedeaux, Jr johnq at lsu.edu
Tue Sep 8 09:31:45 CDT 2009

Hi Douglas,

I was able to use your instructions for this with the following comments:

> The assumes the patch file wasn't downloaded to the home dir (i.e ~/ ),
"wasn't" = "was" :-)

The vic loaded into the browser as a page - I was able to resave it as a
file from the browser window. You might check that, it'll throw some users
that it wasn't downloaded as a file in both cases - the patch and the vic.

Copying the vic file I found those directories on my OS X machine under
/.AccessGrid3/local_services/VideoConsumerService, etc.

Works. In fact, just off the top of my head - I noticed the new vic displays
the h261as previews... Just fine! And the producer vic, while hidden,
actually shows up. :-)

After un-hiding the producer vic I was able to play around (on my MBP - 3
year old+ 2.33Ghz model) and send video in h261as in 640x480, then crashed
it sending mpeg4 video, then h264 video worked... But of course processor
intensive.

Great.

-John Q.

--
John I. Quebedeaux, Jr.; Louisiana State University
Computer Manager LBRN; 131 Life Sciences Bldg.