[AG-TECH] Mac OSX 10.6

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Sep 7 22:17:28 CDT 2009

Hi Tyler,

Snow Leopard comes with both Python 2.5 and 2.6, so with a bit of
modifications I was able to get the Intel AG 3.2 beta to work, here are
the steps:

After installing Intel AG 3.2 beta, download the following patch file:
  http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/ag3/macosx/10.6/AG-3.2-beta-patch.txt

Then on the command-line:

  cd /Applications
  sudo patch -p0 < ~/AG-3.2-beta-patch.txt

The assumes the patch file wasn't downloaded to the home dir (i.e ~/ ),
change appropriately if downloaded elsewhere.

The patch replaces the existing shebang first line with #!
/usr/bin/python2.5 and python2 with pythonw2.5 in a number of files.

The VIC that comes with AG 3.2 beta doesn't seem to work. After running
the VenueClient at least once, download a newer vic built on Snow
Leopard from:
 http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/ag3/macosx/10.6/vic

then copy it to one or more of the following locations:
  ~/.Accessgrid3/VideoConsumerService/
  ~/.Accessgrid3/VideoService/
  ~/.Accessgrid3/VideoProducerService/

Doug